These instructions will guide you through the easy three-step process to try Zing on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, or 12.04 LTS.
Step 1: Install Zing
- Import Azul’s public key:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0x219BD9C9
- Attach the APT repository:
sudo apt-add-repository "deb http://repos.azul.com/zing/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) main"
- Update the information about available packages:
sudo apt-get update
- Run the following command to install Zing:
sudo apt-get install zing-jdk1.8.0-trial
Step 2: License Zing
If you have not already, please perform the following steps to obtain a trial Zing License:
- Once you submit the form, check your email to get the trial license passcode.
- Run the following command to download and install the license:
sudo zing-obtain-trial-license -p TrialLicensePasscode
Step 3: Run Zing
Once you performed all installation steps, you can start running your Java applications with Zing as follows:
- Verify the Java version:
java version "1.8.0-zing_16.07.1.0"
Zing Runtime Environment for Java Applications (build 1.8.0-zing_16.07.1.0-b3)
Zing 64-Bit Tiered VM (build 1.8.0-zing_16.07.1.0-b6-product-azlinuxM-X86_64, mixed mode)
You might want to set the
JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the Zing installationdirectory, e.g.
- Start your Java application by using the newly installed Zing Virtual Machine.
- If you do not see the output above, visit the Zing Community Forum.
Zing System Requirements
Zing Troubleshooting Guide
Zing Virtual Machine Release Notes
Zing User’s Guide
Zing Community Forum