Does your business use Cassandra? How about Elastic, or community editions of Lucene or Solr? Is Spark or Kafka or Zookeeper part of your production stack? If so, look no further — adding Zing® to your infrastructure will improve performance and delight your customers. You can download Zing and see for yourself — in your environment — right now.
Many organizations depend upon Java to run their business. If your Java-based applications force you to keep re-engineering and re-architecting to combat stalls, freezes, and jitter, then Zing is the ideal solution for your operation. With Zing, your best developers can focus on driving new features and stop fire-fighting.
Zing makes it possible to eliminate almost all of the garbage collection (“GC”) tuning that is necessary with legacy JVMs. Tuning GC can be tough, and making sure you are making the right choices among three collectors plus dozens of flags and settings is iterative and problematic. Even once you tune your way to peak performance, a change in user traffic or a code revision can throw off tuning parameters.
When you run your business on Java-based architectures, there is a better alternative: Zing. For additional details, check out the Zing FAQ. Are you an Open Source Developer? We make Zing available to you via our Open Source Developer Program.
Take GC tuning off the table — Forever
- Zing doesn’t use obsolete GC technology – Zing’s C4 collector can NEVER “stop the world”.
- No need to re-architect your application – use the working Java, Scala, and custom code you already have.
- No need for additional JVM add-ons or off-heap kludges – Zing just works.
- Zing is fully Java SE compliant – it meets the standards and passes the tests for Java SE 8, 7 or 6.
- Plus, your peak latencies and outliers get much closer to your average latency.
Deliver consistently better performance — 24 x 7 x 365
- Deliver the same level of performance at the 99.99th percentile as at the 90th.
- Meet the latency needs of trading systems, matching engines, customer portals, and other response-time-sensitive apps.
- Forget about warm-up issues. Zing’s ReadyNow! technology solves Java’s warm-up problem. No more stalls at market open.
- In tuned low latency applications, see peak latencies in the 1-3 millisecond range (with average latencies in the microseconds).
- Move from multisecond (or worse) interactive pauses to a few milliseconds – quickly.
- Zing also delivers consistent performance for Web-based workloads, messaging and analytics, and tools like Kafka, Lucene, Cassandra and many many more.
Better capitalize on your existing infrastructure
- Zing will take advantage of memory in modern Intel hardware, as high as 2 terabytes per JVM process.
- Moving to microservices-based architectures? Building with Docker? Zing is a better development and deployment option.
- Carry more user traffic on your existing infrastructure, utilizing all available cores and sockets.
- Reduce deployment and management complexity — use fewer JVM instances to carry same load.
- Extend the lifespan of older Java applications whose traffic has grown past original design limits.
- Find – and fix – production performance issues with Zing Vision, an always-on, no-impact diagnostic tool include free with Zing.
- Plug any Zing-powered application directly into your existing JMX monitoring framework.
- Leverage Zing in on premise servers, on public clouds like Amazon, using virtualization products like KVM, and in containers like Docker.
- Use regular Linux distros, spanning stable versions of Red Hat, SLES, Ubuntu, Oracle Linux, Debian and Amazon Linux, plus latency-tuned distros like Red Hat Enterprise MRG Realtime.
Rethink how your Developers use Java
- Pursue architectures and application designs not practical with existing Java platforms.
- Consider what your application could accomplish with 8 GB heaps. Or 50 GB heaps. Or 2 TB heaps. All with no extra GC pause (or tuning) penalty.
- Keep important data on the heap without extra effort working on GC issues or off-heap tricks.
- Use standard Java functions and libraries instead of special-case development frameworks.
- Write Java that looks like Java (or Scala, or JRuby, or Clojure), using skills of the 9+ million Java developers worldwide.
Engage with Azul to see how Zing fits for you
- Download Zing yourself and see how it performs on your site, using your stack. Try Zing free for 30 days hassle-free.
- You can also walk through a guided evaluation with help from your Azul presales engineer. Fill out a contact form for more information.
- Proof-test Zing to ensure it meets expectations in a pilot or production scenario. You can choose to engage with a Zing trainer on a Quick Start engagement to bring your team up quickly in learning Zing operation.
- Witness the predictable performance across your Java application portfolio by rolling out Zing wherever appropriate, whether on premise, virtualized, in Docker containers, or in the cloud.
- After your order, contact the Azul post-sales technical support team for any issues, help with updates, or to answer any questions on how to get the most benefit from your Zing deployment.