Revised 12 May 2018
This position is part of Azul’s Marketing team, and reports to the VP of Marketing.
Director/Senior Director of Product Management is a key role and requires frequent contact with senior line of business and technology executives both within and outside the company.
In many companies, Product Management and Product Marketing are synonymous. That is not the case at Azul. Product Management requires a deep level of technical skills since your primary day-to-day interaction is with Engineering. From time to time, you will be called upon to address detailed product-related questions raised by Sales prospects.
This is a hands-on position. You will own the successful implementation of each Zing product release, including managing download sites, prioritizing product builds, responding to forum requests, BOM maintenance, updating internal Wikis, as well as producing specific summaries of product attributes, capabilities, components, and value propositions in partnership with the rest of the Marketing team plus our Sales, BD and executive teams.
You will need to bring a successful track record to this opportunity. Deep, recent experience managing the evolution of enterprise and/or embedded software products will be key to your success. Experience with and knowledge of the Java ecosystem is highly desired.
Working with Engineering and Sales plus Azul’s executive and Marketing teams as well as prospects, customers, partners, and advisors, you will be the focal point to identify, clarify, prioritize and manage the roadmap and full product life cycle of Zing, Azul’s flagship Java runtime as well as select future Azul offerings. Your responsibilities will include:
- You’ll own and manage the road mapping process for Zing and its related technologies (ReadyNow, Falcon, C4, etc.)
- You will manage these products across the complete life cycle, from MRD/PRD to GA to EOL
- You will manage the BOM for each product release, working closely with our Engineering teams
- You’ll manage the availability of product binaries on public clouds, inside partner sites, and on Azul’s download pages
- With our Legal team, you will own the accuracy of all third-party licensing materials included with Azul’s products
- Working with other groups within Azul, you will drive the development and successful implementation of new initiatives that expand the market for and capabilities of Azul’s Zing-related offerings
- Review and verification of new technical content developed for Sales, Marketing, and Business Development
- Identification of new market segments and key partnering opportunities
- Meet with key (and potential) customers and partners to ensure that Azul’s Zing product roadmap continues to meet customer visible and emerging requirements
- Contributions to Sales engagements and RFPs as requested
- Lead (or serve as a key member of) cross-functional teams from across the company
- Represent Azul at select industry forums, which may include a few (2-5) speaking engagements per year