This will be a great opportunity to work on the award-winning Zing Virtual Machine and C4 collector, which eliminates outliers associated with stop-the-world collectors and guarantees consistent response times even with terabytes of Java heap.
You will be the Runtime/GC team lead responsible for Zing’s C4 Garbage Collector and runtime and lead a team of passionate engineers who are driven to make Zing the best Java Virtual Machine for enterprise applications.
• 10+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience as a Technical Lead
• Strong C/C++ coding skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience developing managed runtimes
• Experience developing Garbage Collectors
• Background in performance analysis and optimizations
• Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience developing Java Virtual Machines
• Knowledge of Linux virtual memory subsystem
As the technical leader of the Runtime/GC team, a person in this role will provide thought leadership and drive defining goals for the future of the C4 collector and work on features and maintenance of Zing’s C4 collector and Zing VM runtime. Work with product management, CTO and others to understand the competitive landscape and market needs to come up with innovative solutions to drive down latencies and tune the performance of the C4 collector and runtime. Drive projects to achieve best possible performance and latency characteristics for applications running on Zing with heap sizes ranging from tens of MBs to a few TBs. Help the team keep abreast of the features in newer JDKs and industry trends and champion adoption of innovative ideas.