Azul Webinar: Counting down to the last Oracle Java 8 update - what's your plan?
Presenter: Azul Deputy CTO Simon Ritter
Last year Oracle announced a new, faster release plan for the Java Development Kit (JDK) which has a number of significant implications for the Java community:
- Faster release cycles will bring most Java versions to end-of-life status in a matter of months.
- Free public updates for older versions of the JDK will end – access to security and bug fixes will only be obtainable via support contracts
In this webinar, Azul Deputy CTO and Java Champion Simon Ritter covers:
- The specifics of the release schedule and its implications
- Options on how to move forward in this new dynamic environment
- How to obtain superior Java support for less