Making the Technical Case for a Better JVM – Why Zing Matters.
If your Java-based operation is plagued by intermittent stalls, freezes, and jitter, and you’ve established that it is Garbage Collection (GC)-related, you have reached the right page. Whenever metrics matter, whether you have formal or informal service-level agreements for Java-based systems – Zing® is the ideal JVM for your operation. It removes GC as a factor impeding your business.
Zing also makes it possible to eliminate almost all of the JVM tuning that is necessary with legacy JVMs. Tuning JVMs can be tough, and making sure you are making the right choices among dozens of flags and settings is problematic. There’s a lot of Java tuning lore out there – some of it valid, some years out of date, however if you’ve gotten this far it is because you need to make things happen for your Java-based business. There’s a better alternative: Zing.
1. With Zing, you can take GC tuning off the table. Permanently.
- Zing doesn’t use obsolete GC technology – the Azul C4 collector can NEVER “stop the world”
- No need to re-architect your application – use the working code you have
- No need for additional third-party products or off-heap kludges – Zing just works
- Zing is Java SE compliant – it meets the standards and passes the tests for Java SE 8, 7 or 6
- And your peak latencies and outliers get much closer to your average latency
2. With Zing, you can deliver consistently better latency.
- Deliver the same level of performance at the 99.9th percentile as at the 90th
- Meet the needs of trading systems, matching engines, and other peak-latency-sensitive apps
- Zing’s ReadyNow! technology solves the Java warm-up problem. No more stalls at market open.
- In tuned low latency applications, see peak latencies in the 1-3 millisecond range (with average latencies in the microseconds)
- Move from multisecond (or worse) interactive pauses to a few milliseconds – quickly
- Zing also delivers consistent performance for Web-based workloads and Web-scale applications — and even helps batch jobs finish sooner
3. Zing allows you to better capitalize on your existing infrastructure
- One recent Zing customer saw nearly 3X more users on their existing infrastructure
- Reduce deployment and management complexity — use fewer, larger JVM instances
- Extend the lifespan of older Java applications
- Find – and fix – production performance issues (including memory leaks) in 1/10th the time
- Move Java apps to the Cloud easily and fully leverage the benefits of Cloud elasticity
4. Change how your Developers use Java
- Pursue architectures and application designs not practical with existing Java platforms
- What else could your application accomplish with 8 or 50 GB heaps? What might be possible with 250 GB heaps?
- Keep important data on the heap without extra effort working on GC issues
- Use standard Java functions and libraries instead of special-case development frameworks
- Write Java that looks like Java, using any of the 9+ million Java developers worldwide
Get started making the technical case for Zing