Zing is a complete JDK for Java SE 8, 11, 7 or 6. The Zing JDK is simple to install and requires no coding change to existing applications. Zing runs on Linux-based x86-64 platforms.
To check your system’s Java settings for compatibility with Zing, contact an Azul technical specialist or download the optional Azul Inspector tool.
For additional information, view the Zing online documentation.
- Intel: Xeon server-class processors released 2009 and later
- AMD: Opteron server-class processors released 2010 and later
Memory and Cores
- 1 GB or greater
- 2 or more cores
Zing Supported Platforms
- x86: 64 bit Linux
- RHEL 5.2 or later, 6.0 or later and 7.0 or later
- Oracle Linux 6.0 or later and 7.0 or later
- SLES 11 SP4; SLES 12 SP1, SP2, SP3
- CentOS 5.2 or later, 6.0 or later and 7.0 or later
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS, and 14.04 LTS
- Debian Stretch, Wheezy, and Jessie
- Amazon Linux (4.9)
- CoreOS 4.13.16
Zing Deployment Architectures
- Hardware, Virtualized (VMWare/KVM), and Cloud (Amazon EC2, Azure, Google Compute Cloud, Rackspace, multiple private clouds) and Docker deployments are all supported
- Java SE 11, 8, 7 and 6
- Feature previews for selected non-LTS versions of Zing are also available. Contact us for details.