Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to Company or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY DISPLAY OR COLLECT?
When you use the Website, you may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, register for events, subscribe to newsletters or mailing lists, request to be contacted through the completion of a website form, download a whitepaper, correspond with us, or otherwise transmit information through various channels. The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our services, and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with Company through the Website. In most cases, we retain such information so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information. In addition to the foregoing, we collect the following types of information from our users.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on the Website, whether via computer, mobile phone, other wireless device, or that you provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include, without limitation, your name, email address, company, IP address, browser information, and password. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, customizing the content you see, and communicating with you about new features. You may modify or remove your Personal Information identified below at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and account information.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Website or our services. Company automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Company cookie information, the page you requested, and the account you are signed into while visiting the Website. We also record the details of your activity on the Website. We may share this type of data with our partners, which they may use to provide you with offers for products or services that may be of interest to you.
Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience.
We often receive a confirmation when you open an email from Company if your computer supports this type of program. Company uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. We strongly recommend that you leave the cookies activated, however, because you will not be able to log in or use many of the Website’s most attractive features without cookies enabled.
What Cookies Are Used?
WILL COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. However, we share your Personal Information as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, Company may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share user information that is related to such transactions and/or to offering you services with that affiliated business.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending email, analyzing data, and providing user services. Unless we tell you differently, Company’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User Profiles: User profile information including, without limitation, users’ name, email address, company name, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the website or provide your request for Company’s services. Any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within a public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your display name may be displayed to other users when you send messages or other content through the Website and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any images, captions, physical descriptions, personal interests or other content that you submit to the Websites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
Communication About the Website or in Response to User Requests: As part of the Website and our services, you may receive from Company email and other communications relating to your use of the Website or your profile. You acknowledge and agree that by posting information on the Website or otherwise using the Website, Company and its agents may send you email, contact you or engage in other communication that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your profile or use of the Website. Company may use a user’s email address to send updates, a newsletter or other news regarding the Website or Company services.
Promotional Offers: We may use your Personal Information in order to provide you with greater customer service and to send you the latest information on products, solutions and services, either from us, or from our business affiliates, and we may share your personal information with our business affiliates in connection therewith. We will share this information unless you have specifically opted-out or requested to not be contacted. If you would like to opt-out, please send an email to email@example.com. Azul Systems may send your personal information to other companies or people when (1) we have your consent to share the information, (2) we want to provide you with information you have requested from us or our business affiliates or (3) we want to inform you on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Company, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Company may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your Company account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to assist in preventing unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Company endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private; however, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For additional information about the security measures Company uses in connection with the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on the Website or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Company allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list may change as the Website changes. You may currently access the following information:
– account information,
– user profile, and
– user preferences.
WHAT OTHER CHOICES DO I HAVE?
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Company features.
You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
You may request deletion of your Company account by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. We further use the term “Services” in this section to denote visiting our using the Company’s websites, applications, domain names or other linked pages or our products and services that you purchase from us or otherwise download install or use (which may also be subject to additional terms and conditions). Company will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You? We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Job title
- Your Employer or company or organization with which you are affiliated
- User content, for example, an IP address you provide to us (which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content)
Information we receive from third-party sources: Some third parties such as our business partners (such as existing customers) and service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Information from our advertising partners: We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications.
- We may also receive Personal Data from our business partners (e.g., resellers, our strategic or technology partners).
Information we automatically collect when you use our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Company’s web pages visited and assets you have accessed or downloaded
- Usage information
- Location information (e.g. IP address, postal code, city, state or province, country)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
- The language used by your browser
Information based on your IP address, such as the internet service provider (ISP) or the entity using such IP address (e.g., company, organization or employer)
How Do We Use Your Personal Data? We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user account profiles
- Enable our Services for your use
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Process orders
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- User content (which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content)
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. web beacons, pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
- Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Advertising networks
- Analytics service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services (e.g., a forum post))
- Social media services (if you interact with us through your use of the Services)
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example, to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we may ask you, and once you consent, we may selectively share some Personal Data with other potential customers, customers, business partners, analysts or the media.
Last, we share Personal Data with our affiliates or other members of our corporate family. Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data? We retain Personal Data about you for five years, or however long we are actively engaged in business with you, whichever is longer. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for periods longer than five years, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. For example, all data stored is only accessible to authorized users of our internal business systems, which include Accounts Payable and other financial systems, our CRM and Marketing Automation platforms, and our Support and Bug-Tracking systems. Personal Data is encrypted at rest and in transit. Access to Personal Data is limited to individuals and our service providers with a business requirement to access or use such data.
Personal Data of Children: We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data? You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com with the subject heading “GDPR Request” and a brief description of your request. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to ask you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request. For each of the following, you can submit your question or request, using the method described in this paragraph.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data .
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes (e.g., outbound sales calls).
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data: The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Company and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Company in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Company to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries.
What If You Have Questions Regarding Your Personal Data? If you have any questions about this section or our data practices generally, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “GDPR Request” and a brief description of your question.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at Azul Systems, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective date: June 15, 2010, revised May 25, 2018, updated 18 April, 2019