- The most important systems experiencing issues were the Product Information Database (PID) and the Global Business System (GBS), a supply chain management solution. PID is the source of all article data created and maintained by the design, product management, and sourcing groups that is used by ERP, warehousing, the online store, and digital catalogs. GBS is the core backbone for orders from PUMA subsidiaries, and in turn places orders with suppliers, factories, and logistics. Purchasing agents would update thousands of orders at a time, overloading the system and triggering “stop-the-world” garbage collection pauses that caused long order processing delays and unacceptable slowdowns for Java-based applications for web presence, stores, and manufacturing operations.
- Puma migrated its supply chain, product information, and other applications to Azul Platform Prime to provide faster processing and a better user experience. Puma has now standardized on Azul Platform Prime for all of its J2EE headquarters applications.
- Predictable response times
- Lower capital costs and TCO
- Greater scalability
- Eliminated garbage collection pauses
- Simple to implement with no code changes
- Increased business flexibility to add innovative web features and expand operations