The first 54-core chip designed and optimized for Java workloads. The Vega chip includes features not found in conventional processors, enabling a variety of optimizations that would otherwise be not possible. With support for features such as read and write barriers that help optimized garbage collection and object relocation, speculative locking to enable safe concurrent execution of code that would otherwise be serialized, and an instruction set designed for the needs of virtual machines, the Vega processor is designed to provide consistently high throughput to Java applications. In addition, Azul Vega Processors have enterprise grade Reliability, Availability and Serviceability (RAS) features designed into them, such as, predictive failure analysis for de-configuration and system memory chip-kill technology.
Maximize Your Java
Powering the Azul Compute Appliance is the Vega 3 processor, a new purpose built processor, designed for running virtual machines in highly concurrent environments.
192 memory modules in a 16-chip configuration
- 54 coherent processor cores on-chip
- Cache coherent, uniform memory access through a passive, non-blocking interconnect mesh
- 205 GBps aggregate memory bandwidth
- 544 GBps aggregate interconnect bandwidth
- Instruction-level support for concurrent, pauseless, VM garbage collection.
Dual Network Processors for System Control and I/O Communications
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet network links per network processor
- 4 Gbps peak I/O bandwidth (2 Gbps full duplex) per network processor, 8 Gbps total
- In-band or out of band management
- Built-in system monitoring and diagnostics
- Fail-over interconnect for dynamic fault resiliency
Comprehensive RAS Features
- ECC and DRAM fault tolerance (Chipkill) on all system memory, Memory scrubbing
- ECC protection on all system busses and interconnect paths
- ECC on L1 and L2 processor caches translation look-aside buffers (TLBs)
- ECC on processor register files
- Predictive failure monitoring
- Automatic restart and configuration around failed system elements
- N+1, hot pluggable, power supplies and fans