- Despite extensive tuning efforts, Chess.com was suffering from Java’s “Stop-The-World” garbage collection pauses, which often caused multi-second application delays.
- System-induced stalls in game flow were severely degrading the overall gaming experience for users and impacting their loyalty.
- Azul Platform Prime was implemented to ensure consistent performance and predictable latency. No changes to the application or hardware configuration were needed.
- Azul Platform Prime eliminated Chess.com’s application stalls, improved reliability, and enhanced players’ experience.
- The solution also improved developer productivity by eliminating the need for ongoing Java platform tuning, allowing developers to focus on quality of service and new features for its millions of users.