- All of LMAX Exchange’s latency-sensitive and throughput-critical systems were experiencing the typical performance issues associated with Java’s garbage collection operations.
- LMAX Exchange moved all of its Java-based applications to Azul Platform Prime, incrementing from most critical to less critical over a two-year period.
- Low latency trade execution is ensured.
- Engineer time is freed up; no more battling garbage collection in code; less performance tuning.
- Scalability has improved to support LMAX’s rapid growth.
- No changes were needed to LMAX’s unique software architecture or development approach.