Free Builds of IcedTea-Web
IcedTea-Web is an open source implementation of JSR-56, better known as Java Web Start.
Installation Instructions: IcedTea-Web
From MSI installer:
- Double-click on *.msi installer.
- Accept terms of End-User License Agreement.
- Choose installation folder (C:\Program Files\IcedTeaWeb\WebStart\ by default)
- Allow the installer to write to disk.
From zip-archive: unzip the archive to a reasonable location on your target system.
Unzip the archive to a reasonable location on your target system.
Portable scripts can be run on any supported OS (Windows, Linux, macOS). To install portable scripts/binaries, unzip the archive to a reasonable location on your target system.
To run IcedTea-Web:
- Go to the /bin folder
- Set JAVA_HOME to the Zulu path (8 or 11)
- Start application with options required:
- javaws .jnlp – executes jnlp file.
- itweb-settings – allows to view and modify settings for javaws and the browser plugin.
- policyeditor – allows end-users to quickly and easily view or edit the contents of their applet policy file.
- javaws.sh – JNLP file executor.
- itweb-settings.sh – editor for javaws and the browser plugin settings.
- policyeditor.sh – editor for applet policy file.