This year’s data streaming event from Confluent that had it all – including showcasing how a Java runtime can reduce latency and increase throughput.
Attendees discovered a better Java runtime that helps carry more load capacity across nodes within a Kafka cluster – one of the biggest takeaways from Azul’s session. Booting Kafka Performance in a Day.
In fact, some visitors were surprised to learn that switching from OpenJDK to a modern Java Virtual Machine (JVM) improves performance – with minimal engineering effort and no re-architecture!
Jiří Holuša, senior product manager for Azul’s Platform Prime, left some specific takeaways:
The choice of JVM can drastically affect Kafka‘s performance
- By improving Kafka performance, you can address the pain points – speed, response times, and cost
- Azul Platform Prime is the fastest JVM out there
- It‘s not just for Kafka – it works any for Java application!
- These are not optimizations you can do manually as a developer
Congratulations to Our Azul Lotto Winners!
The best highlights included this year’s winners of Azul’s swag! Everyone who stopped by won a free T-shirt or Hat – but these lucky winners took home the best prizes:
- Nintendo Switch: Jason Ford – CH Robinson
- Apple Air pods: Raj Nanduri – Azul Customer Workday
- Apple Air pods: Rick Curtis – DeltaStream
- JBL Speaker: Naresh Gopalani – Azul Customer Walmart
- JBL Speaker: Ramana Adavikolanu – Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- JBL Speaker: Shardul Jewalikar – Pinterest
- JBL Speaker: Jacob Levin – Discover Financial Services
- JBL Speaker: Alex Spicer – Life 360
In Case You Missed It – We Got You Covered
Sorry if we missed you – here are the top conversations we had with attendees:
- How to deliver 45% higher maximum throughput with our Java runtime
- Ways to drive superior application speed & stability
- Improve performance with no code changes or re-architecture
- How to eliminate pauses and time-outs
- Get more carrying capacity and reduce cloud waste